Manually curate Category pages or search results by pinning items to specific positions.
Manual curation allows for pinning individual results at the top or curating entire category pages. Merchandising new collections and ensuring that the correct items appear together has never been easier.
Pinning results is as easy as it sounds:
- To pin an individual item, drag-and-drop it to the desired position.
- To ensure it remains in its current place, click on the item.
- To unpin an item, click the remove pin icon at the top of the item.
Pinned results still respect filters that are in effect when a search is made. When a pinned result does not meet a filter requirement its position in the result set is taken by the next result that is not pinned. Pins that do meet the filter requirement stay in their original pinned positions.
This also means that pinned results for shoes in a category page filtered for shirts will not appear when the promotion is triggered.
To curate a more extensive set of items, select and move multiple items at once. There are a number of intuitive ways to select multiple items
- Drag a selection rectangle across the items to select.
- Click and item and shift + click another item to select those items and everything in between.
- Hold the windows (command) key while clicking on items to select them all.
To move items multiple items, either
- Drag and drop them to the desired position
- Enter the position in the pop-up panel at the top of the page and click move.